American Hospital Jobs is Looking to Hire Following Staff – ICU Staff Nurse Job At American Hospital | Dubai UAE
About American Hospital
American Hospital is the first hospital in the Middle East to be awarded the JCI while its laboratory is the first in the private sector in the region to be accredited by the College of American Pathologists. The hospital is also the inaugural member of the prestigious Mayo Care Network.
An ICU nurse is responsible for closely observing patients, noting specific procedures and prescribed medication for each case; assisting doctors in providing physical assessments and administering treatments; monitoring vital signs and ensuring the proper functions of feeding tubes, ventilators, catheters and other.
1- ICU Staff Nurse
Job Type :- Full Time
Location:- Dubai , UAE
- Problem solving/critical thinking skills ensuring effective functioning of unit routine.
- Collaborates with multi-disciplinary team to provide patient care.
- Organizational skills as team leader/in-charge nurse as required.
- Participates in staff meetings and unit committees/projects.
- Cooperation, coordination and respect among individuals/departments in order to provide excellent customer service (internal and external).
- Participates in developing and achieving unit goals.
- Performs additional duties when required.
- Skills in continual critical care assessment of patient, family’s physical and psychological needs.
- Co-ordination and planning of critical care/clinical pathway, and prioritizing care, based on individual needs. Revises care plan as necessary.
- Ability to render care and services based on needs, age appropriateness and developmental stage of patients.
- Performs nursing interventions/procedures in accordance with established standards of care and policy and procedures.
- Assists medical colleagues with diagnostic therapeutic interventions.
- Accurate and thorough documentation following established standards.
- Floats to other areas within the hospital when required.
- Shares knowledge and skills with colleagues and others.
- Maintains a safe environment for patients and staff.
- KExpertise of Infection Control issues, reports and documents as directed in the Infection Control policies and procedures.
- As Registered Nurse understands the responsibilities of safe handling, drawing, administrating Narcotic/Controlled Drugs and documentation as directed by policies and procedures.
- Commitment to professional development of self through completion of unit competencies i.e. pain management, utilization of auto-transfusion devices.
- Clinical and professional competency based on the latest research and established standards of practice. Completes yearly, the critical care nursing competencies (basic). Shows a willingness to work towards completion of intermediate and advanced practice competencies
- Actively participates in unit-based CQI activities (data collection, CQI teams, etc.).
- Serves if required on hospital wide CQI teams / committees / task forces.
- Actively participates in Continuous Quality Improvement Plan by using incident reporting, customer complaint reporting and medication error reporting.
- Assesses education needs and provides effective and age appropriate education to patients/families.
- Participates in ongoing educational activities.
- Mandatory educational requirements.
- Contributes to professional development of colleagues
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing (duration not less than three years) or
- Diploma in Nursing (not less than three academic years in nursing only) or
- Diploma in Nursing and Midwifery (not less than three academic years) graduated from 1998 onward with pre medical secondary school certificate or its equivalent.
- Current license to practice nursing
- BCLS certification
- ACLS certification to be achieved within 6 months of employment.
- At least 2 years’ experience in critical care nursing
ICU Staff Nurse Job At American Hospital | Dubai UAE
Click the below apply button to get start with your job application
Exclusive Jobz – Find us on Linkedin